- The more effort something is, the fewer people will do it
- High impact things done by few people have some impact
- Low impact things done by many people have large impact
- Low impact things done by few people have low impact
Therefore in order to make useful changes as an individual you need to:
- Find high impact things to do
- Persuade other people to do low impact things
In particular, high effort low impact things done as an individual will make you feel better (right up until you burn out) but they won't do squat.